Friday 26 April 2013

MTI Alumni days, different school day

MTI alumni days were held in our campus yesterday. At the same time there were entrance exams in Degree Programme in Tourism and also Green Campus event so there was a lot of people walking around in our campus.

The alumni meeting is organized to connect local business people to us, the students. MTI wants to keep in touch with their former students and also help MTI's students today to contact with different companies in a field or tourism.

Alumni day was fun because it was different from our normal school day. First we had coffee and some little bits to eat. The hosts had made cakepops witch were amazing! I think I'm going to find that recipe.. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of those.We also had non-alcoholic drinks and they tasted like juice but were really pretty.

In the lobby there were also some info points about recycling. We were able to sign on their post list to get free items. I got a logo to put on my student overalls and a shopping list magnet.

Funniest part was a recycling point were we had a chance to do some crafts. I made a bracelet from soda bottle. It was cut to a ring form and the edges were taped. Then i covered it with orange string and glued some green sequins to it to make it bling a little. I'm going to wear it at the 1st of May.


We had also a seminar in auditorium. All the alumnis were there and they had a little presentation about a topic given to them earlier. All of the presentations were quite interesting and the seminar was nice overall. Most memorable was the presentation hosted by Santa Park's owner because he was so happy all the time.

Free stuff I got from the event. My "home made" bracelet, patch and a magnet.

The alumni day would have continued with some kinds of workshops but we left home after the seminars. Over all  the day was okay, but if I graduate and end up working in tourism business, I'm not coming to those kind of meetings unless I'm forced to.

4 comments:

  1. näkyykö mun kommentti :--D

    ReplyDelete
  2. olinko eka, mikä on viive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minäpä tulin kommentoimaan tätä hommelia kerta niin vaaditaan..ei vaa oli kiva lukea tuota sun postausta tapahtumista kun itsekin olin tapahtuman järjestäjänä mukana. Oot tehny meidän rastilla hienon rannekorun ;) ja kiva jos kierrätys rasti oli ollut mieluinen..ehkä me sit onnistuttiin jollaina tavalla tapahtumassa!

    ReplyDelete